The Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR), based in the UK, has had its Mediator Skills training program approved as an IMI Certified Mediator Training Program.
IMI Certified Mediator Training Programs, or CMTPs, meet international competency criteria for mediation training excellence. Individuals who complete CMTPs are able to become recognised as ‘IMI Qualified Mediators’. CMTPs can be searched here.
Retrospective recognition is in place for the CEDR Mediator Skills training program, such that those who have completed the program on or after 1 July 2019 are eligible to be recognised as IMI Qualified.
Retrospective recognition of IMI Qualified status by new IMI Certified Mediator Training Programs
A training program that has been newly approved as an IMI CMTP may have been delivered prior to the organisation’s application for recognition of that program. IMI will offer limited retrospective recognition of program graduates as IMI Qualified, under the following conditions:
- The CMTP must have been approved with no substantive changes. This does not mean the application was immediately approved, but rather that any alterations made to the application were administrative, clarifying, or did not otherwise form a substantive change to the training program. IMI may request information as to the last time the program was meaningfully changed or updated.
- Where approved by IMI, retrospective recognition can be granted for a period of up to one year preceding approval of the CMTP.
- Those eligible for retrospective recognition should contact their training program to be submitted to IMI as a new IMI Qualified Mediator.
The Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR) specialises in mediation and alternative dispute resolution (ADR). We are an independent non-profit organisation and a registered charity.
Our aim is to provide society with skills and solutions for effective dialogue, and to bring about sustainable change.
To achieve this, we operate in four main ways:
* Promoting mediation through events, schemes and services.https://www.cedr.com/aboutus/
* Providing dispute resolution for individuals, businesses, and other organisations.
* Training mediators – to date, we’ve trained over 5,000 mediators worldwide.
* Offering consultancy to organisations to help prevent and resolve conflict.
Congratulations to CEDR!
- Learn more about registering an IMI CMTP
- View IMI’s training criteria
- View IMI’s criteria for trainers, coaches, and assessors
- Learn more about becoming IMI Qualified
Note that CEDR’s Managing Director, James South, forms part of the CMTPs Appraisal Committee. He is also an IMI Board Member. For this reason, in addition to appraisal of the application by two members of the CMTP Appraisal committe who are not working for CEDR nor based in the UK, IMI Appraisal Chair Pascal Comvalius exceptionally appraised this application as an additional level of quality assurance. We hope you will join us in congratulating CEDR on their fantastic training program.