With IMI’s growth these past few years, we have need of an Operations Manager to assist with things like processing program applications and assisting with queries. If you are a consultant with an interest in the activities of IMI, please find the job description and ‘how to apply’ below. Note that interviews are being conducted on a rolling basis, so early applicants are likely to have an advantage.
9 July 2021: This position has now been filled.
The International Mediation Institute (IMI) is a not-for-profit charitable foundation established, among other purposes, to provide leadership in the field of dispute management and early, effective dispute resolution.
The Operations Manager is a qualified professional that is responsible for the day-to-day operating activities of the organization. The Operations Manager provides high-quality administrative and development support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors. The Operations Manager is a reliable, task-oriented, self-motivated professional and is capable of working independently, managing their own workload and prioritizing tasks.
The Operations Manager’s duties include, but are not limited to, assisting with website development and maintenance, reviewing and processing program applications, administrative duties, managing finances and registrations, project management, assisting with committee activities, and managing other tasks as needed.
The Operations Manager has a unique opportunity to connect to the mediation industry worldwide, interfacing directly with members of the Board of Directors as well as many other stakeholders in the industry.
The part-time (15-25 hours a week) consulting role of “Operations Manager” is to be filled as soon as possible.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The Operations Manager shall perform the following duties and responsibilities:
Operational Planning & Management
- Execute operational plans that incorporate the goals and objectives that implement the strategic plans of the Foundation.
- Ensure that the operation of the Foundation meets the expectation of its Board, Patrons and stakeholders.
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the Foundation.
- Ensure that files are securely stored and privacy/confidentiality is maintained.
- Provide support to the Board by preparing meeting agenda and supporting materials.
- Processing applications and enquiries, including reviewing QAP, CMTP etc applications for completion and ensuring that criteria are appropriately addressed, and liaising with applicants and appraisers throughout the appraisal process
- Updating contact and payment records
- Dealing with incoming emails including certification queries, requests for event support, webinars, document requests, etc.
Finances and Registrations
- Support Executive Director on all financial planning and forecasting, monthly and annual reporting
- Process payments
- Follow up on overdue payments
Website and IT
- Manage email marketing campaigns
- Social media advertising
- Project managing/Other Projects
This position reports to the Executive Director.
The amount of knowledge required would typically be acquired in a university degree and at least 3 years of work experience including administrative work, web and digital advertising.
- Fluent English (C1+ or native speaker)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including strong copywriting and proofreading skills. Written documents (e-mail campaigns, blog posts, etc.) should be clear and compelling
- Proficient knowledge or desire and ability to learn advanced WordPress and website management skills, e.g., ability to trouble-shoot website issues, adapt code where necessary, proactively maintain security and backups, develop new tools and capabilities, manage an online store and interact with vendors
- Well-versed in SEO tools and techniques and familiar with video marketing practices
- Strong understanding of digital marketing best practices, including how to construct and distribute compelling email campaigns to maximize open and click-through rates while minimizing opt-outs and maintaining compliance with privacy laws
- Stays current on digital and web marketing, advertising, social media and CRM tools and trends. Identifies and makes recommendations on developments that could be beneficial to the organization
- Can confidently communicate with all internal and external stakeholders in a diplomatic manner
- Exceptional ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and tasks in a quick paced environment
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Dedication to collaboration and inclusion
- Ability to register as a consultant
- Knowledge of mediation principles and/or the mediation industry
- Ability to understand, maintain and develop a database (e.g., experience in developing databases in Access or similar)
- Experience in membership management
- Additional languages a plus
If you meet at least the essential requirements above and would like to apply, please email temporary email address email@example.com and include:
- CV or LinkedIn link
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the role – this can be included in the email itself and does not need to be a separate attachment
- Availability for dates and times, in Central European Time, to speak
- Confirmation of current or anticipated consultant registration status
Letters may be addressed to Executive Director, Laura Skillen.
IMI believes in creating an inclusive environment in which everyone feels valued, where their talents are fully utilized and in which organizational goals are met. IMI acknowledges the unique contribution that this position can bring, regardless of culture, ethnicity, race, gender, nationality, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, education, experiences, opinions and beliefs. We encourage applications from all interested candidates that meet the criteria, including women, indigenous groups, and minorities.
As we are looking to recruit quickly, applications will be processed on a rolling basis. We aim to respond to all applications, though only those candidates who meet the essential criteria and desired skill sets are likely to be interviewed.