Last updated 29 November 2019.
Latest IMI-EU news
- Protecting and facilitating investment within the EU
- What’s Next for International Mediation in Europe?
- IMI at upcoming conference in Croatia
- Interview with Deborah Masucci about the Singapore Convention
- European Commission Solicits Comments to Promote Fairness and Transparency for On line Mediation
Council of Europe
The Council of Europe‘s European Commission for the Efficiency of Justice (CEPEJ) have begun developing a Mediation Toolkit to complement their guidelines on mediation, with two of the tools developed via collaboration between the International Mediation Institute and the Council of Bars and Law Societies of Europe (CCBE). The Toolkit incorporates IMI’s Training Standards and Competency Criteria. Read the Council’s press release here.
IMI have also recently provided input into a new mediation register initiative.
The European Commission recently solicited comments on a proposed Regulation (2018-238) intended to promote fairness and transparency between online services and their clients. The proposed Regulation includes provisions for complaints resolution and (online) mediation, and IMI proposes that it incorporates established IMI quality standards for mediation services. IMI have since contributed to discussions via teleconference with the Commission’s internal team.