Learn about IMI’s association with the United Nations, and see the latest news filed ‘Singapore Convention’ below.
United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
Working Group II—The Singapore Convention
On June 25, 2018 during the 51st Session of UNCITRAL, drafts for a Convention on the Enforceability of Mediated Settlements, and associated Model Law, were finalised for adoption. This action concludes three years of vigorous debate with participation by 85 member states and 35 IGOs/NGOs, including the International Mediation Institute, and acknowledges the role of mediation in cross-border dispute resolution.
Map of Singapore Convention signees
Insert onto your own blog or website using the following code:
<script src="//my.visme.co/visme.js"></script><div class="visme_d" data-url="9079q918-singapore-convention-signees-and-ratifications" data-w="800" data-h="500" data-domain="my"></div>
- Cardozo Journal of Conflict Resolution—Singapore Mediation Convention Reference Book
- List of signatures, ratifications, and enforcement dates on UNCITRAL website
Latest Singapore Convention Posts
- Turkey Ratifies the Singapore Convention
- Honduras ratifies the Singapore Convention and Australia signs on
- The Singapore Convention Week 2021
- Upcoming Event: CIArb Roebuck Lecture 2021
- The Impact of Enforcement on Dispute Resolution Methodology
- What’s Next for International Mediation in Europe?
- Vídeo (🇪🇸)—El futuro de la Mediación: La Convención de Singapur
- Video available (🇦🇪)—Laila El Shentenawi on the Middle East and the Singapore Convention on Mediation