IMI’s Investor-State Mediation Taskforce has assisted the development of Investor-State mediation competency standards, a model instrument for States implementing an Investor-State conflict management framework and revised mediation rules and guides for Investor-State dispute resolution provider organisations. IMI has also teamed with other Investor-State organisations to launch a series of Investor-State mediator skills training programmes.
Those participating in this task force do so in their personal capacities. The views, opinions and output of the task force do not necessarily reflect the position of the member’s employer or other affiliation.
Investor-State Mediation Listserv
To join the ISM listserv, provided by IMI but open to all those interested in investor-state mediation, please fill in the below form. You will then be able to send information, opportunities, and success stories about investor-state mediation to all members. You can of course unsubscribe at any time and also limit how many digests you receive.
- Offer practical guidelines for using the cooling off period to give mediation a viable chance
- Determine minimum standards of knowledge, skills and relevant experience for neutrals involved in Investor-State mediation
- Assist the parties in finding competent and suitable mediators or co-mediators for Investor-State disputes.
- Ensure a Designating Authority is identified if the parties cannot agree on one
- Provide model documents, decision trees, and case assessment tools to assist the parties and their counsel in Investor-State disputes to gain fresh insights into their case, and better understand each party’s interests, needs and concerns
- Keep the Mediation Rules quite distinct from Conciliation Rules
- Enable the creative use of hybrids, such as Dispute Resolution Boards
Products and downloads
|Appel (2018), A done deal for states and investors, the new UNCITRAL Convention||27-11-2021||DownloadPreview|
|ECC - Modèle d’instrument de gestion des différendsen matiere d’investissement||27-11-2021||DownloadPreview|
|Russian version of ECC Model Instrument||27-11-2021||DownloadPreview|