IMI are delighted to announce our first program approved in Pakistan, with the Pakistan Mediators Association (PMA)’s training program now recognised as an IMI Certified Mediator Training Program. Training is delivered both in English and in Urdu.
IMI Certified Mediator Training Programs, or CMTPs, meet international competency criteria for mediation training excellence. Individuals who complete CMTPs are able to become recognised as ‘IMI Qualified Mediators’. CMTPs can be searched here.
Retrospective recognition applies to PMA’s graduates who completed the full minimum 40 hour course from August 1 2019.
Retrospective recognition of IMI Qualified status by new IMI Certified Mediator Training Programs
A training program that has been newly approved as an IMI CMTP may have been delivered prior to the organisation’s application for recognition of that program. IMI will offer limited retrospective recognition of program graduates as IMI Qualified, under the following conditions:
* The CMTP must have been approved with no substantive changes. This does not mean the application was immediately approved, but rather that any alterations made to the application were administrative, clarifying, or did not otherwise form a substantive change to the training program. IMI may request information as to the last time the program was meaningfully changed or updated.
* Where approved by IMI, retrospective recognition can be granted for a period of up to one year preceding approval of the CMTP.
* Those eligible for retrospective recognition should contact their training program to be submitted to IMI as a new IMI Qualified Mediator.
Pakistan Mediators Association (PMA) is Pakistan’s first organization representing foreign trained and accredited mediators as well as other professionals who have joined the Association to further the cause of the Association. The Association was formed in 2013 and has taken over number of activities which were earlier implemented by IFC/World Bank Group’s Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Pakistan Project Phase 1 & 2.http://www.pma.org.pk/about-pma/
View PMA’s approved CMTP here. Their website is http://www.pma.org.pk/
Congratulations to PMA!
- Learn more about registering an IMI CMTP
- View IMI’s training criteria
- View IMI’s criteria for trainers, coaches, and assessors
- Learn more about becoming IMI Qualified
2 thoughts on “New IMI Certified Mediator Training Program: Pakistan Mediators Association (Pakistan)”
I would like to be a member of imi
Dear Mohamed, that’s wonderful. You should see https://imimediation.org/certify to see which type of IMI Certification would suit you.