This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
In 2013 I followed a minor in mediation at University of Utrecht during my bachelors degree in law. I always knew I didn't want to become a lawyer and experiencing mediation was great. In may 2020 I followed an online course in negotiation and mediation with Toolkit Company to further develop myself in meditation in general and online dispute resolution in particular.
What I like about mediation is that it is possible to look at more than just the legal part of a conflict. On top of that it is good to aim for sustainable solutions rather than lengthy litigation procedures.
Jelle Hoekstra is consultant & mediator. He graduated at Utrecht University with theses about consent in relation to big data and the role of the Data Protection Officer. He enriched his law degree with minor courses in public management and mediation. Jelle is a certified privacy professional (CIPP/E & CIPM), security consultant and trained mediator. He combines an interest for IT with dispute resolution skills. Before he worked at several organisations as legal advisor and Privacy & Security Officer. Jelle is member of the International Association for Privacy Professionals (IAPP) and the Dutch association for Data Protection Officers (NGFG, Nederlands Genootschap voor Functionarissen van Gegevensbescherming).
- 2020: Qualified Mediator and effective negotiator online, Toolkit Company (40+ hours)
- 2016: Specialisation training emploiment cases - ‘Achter de schermen van het arbeidsconflict’, Merlijn Groep (2 days)
- 2013: Minor Mediation courses at Utrecht University (combined 4 courses: half year / semester fulltime study)
- Mediation in Dutch legal practice
- Mediation in business disputes
- Coaching psychology
- Basic skills of professional conversation for psychologists in training: Social and Organizational Psychology