Current developments are forcing us to work differently and to treat each other differently. This is a major challenge for all of us, but it also offers opportunities to do things differently and change fixed structures.
Most of us are used to offering parts of a mediation process via telephone or online platforms, but completely online is new to many. In recent days, the association has received many questions about this. That is why the NMv organizes a practical online seminar for its members in which we will jointly discuss the challenges and opportunities in online mediation and how we as a professional group can give substance to this new reality.
- applying online mediation; in which cases you should / shouldn’t you do that?
- The technical possibilities of online mediation with platforms such as ZOOM; how do you hold (group and individual) conversations.
- The administrative / legal side of online mediation; how do you handle signing the mediation agreement, how do you record agreements?
- What is the difference with face to face mediation; points for attention regarding interventions, step by step
- Best practices: tips & tricks for online mediation; the online mediator checklist
- Questions and answers
It is an interactive seminar with plenty of room for questions.
Video now available
Manon Schonewille (2020), Toolkit Online Mediation - Checklist for the challenges and opportunities in online mediation
- Friday 27 March
- 4pm Amsterdam time (Central European Time) (Los Angeles 8am, New York 11am, Istanbul 6pm, Kolkata 8:30pm, Singapore 11pm)
- Register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/manon-schonewille-practicalities-of-moving-your-mediation-business-online-tickets-101121146070, or directly below.
- Places are limited.
Manon, based in the Netherlands, is a well-known mediator and mediation training, in addition to being an IMI Certified Mediator and Mediation Advocate. This is the first time this session will be presented in English.
View Manon’s IMI profile here.
View other upcoming IMI events at https://imimediation.eventbrite.com, including Singapore Convention seminars with Ban Jiun Ean of the Singapore Mediation Centre; John Brand on South Africa and the Convention; Anil Xavier on the Indian dimension; and Wolf von Kumberg on how the Convention will affect Investor-State Dispute Mediation.