as a side event on mediation at the occasion of the 67th session
of the UNCITRAL Working Group on Dispute Settlement at the United Nations.
February 8, 2017, 19:00 – 21:00
Hosted by JAMS-Global Mediation and Arbitration Provider
at New York Times Building
(see address, directions, and RSVP instructions below)
Participation is free of charge, followed by reception and light meal.
Ask Users and Mediators Your Questions,
chaired by Hal Abramson, Professor of Law, Touro Law Center, NY, on behalf of IMI
This panel offers an opportunity to pose pragmatic questions to practicing mediators and users on how mediation issues relevant to enforcement of conciliated settlement agreements are handled in practice. This panel will discuss issues under consideration during the UNCITRAL meetings.
Welcome, Mr. Renaud Sorieul, Secretary of UNCITRAL
Welcome, Deborah Masucci, Chair of IMI
The distinguished panelists:
- Mario Bucaro, President of the Board of the International Mediation Centre of Guatemala.
- Secretary of the Board of Guatemalan-Mexican Chamber of Commerce, Guatemala
- Louise Otis, International Mediator, retired justice of the Quebec Court of Appeals (spearheaded introducing judicial mediation), President of the Administrative Tribunal of OECD, Montreal
- Karl Mackie, President, Co-founder, CEDR (international mediator and international provider of mediation services), London
- Pedro Ribeiro, MCIArb, Arbitrator and Mediator, Vice President of CAMARB – Câmara de Arbitragem, Empresarial, Brazil
- Roland Schroeder, General Electric Global Litigation Counsel, Chair of CCIAG (Corporate Counsel International Arbitration Group), Stamford, Connecticut
- Allan Stitt, Mediator, Member of Canadian Delegation, President and Owner of ADR Chambers (conducts approximately 10,000 mediations per year), Toronto
JAMS is pleased to invite participants to a reception and light meal following the event.
Please REGISTER EARLY, due to security procedures in NY Times Building Bring Government-issued identification
Please register by emailing Kathleen Pierz at firstname.lastname@example.org
From the United Nations Headquarters, take a taxi to the NY Times Building or the Times Square Subway Shuttle from Grand Central Station to Times Square and walk two blocks.
JAMS is located across the street from the Port Authority, Bus Station and
over the 42nd Street Subway stop where you will find the A,B,C,1,2 &3 subway lines.
Two blocks from Time Square.
New York Times Building
620 Eighth Avenue, 34th Floor
New York, NY 10018
Tel: (212) 751-2700B
The International Academy of Mediators (IAM)
is a non-financial sponsor of this event.