Skip to content
- Mediation as a Resolution for Commercial Disputes under COVID19 Pandemic
The Saudi Commercial Arbitration Center
The topics covered in the video:
– Mediation as a solution – how?
– Mediation misconceptions,
– Effectiveness of mediation in times of disaster,
– Singapore Convention: a turning point in international mediation practice,
– Mediator skills and its impact on the result of the dispute.
Mr Richard Naimark, Former Senior Vice President, AAA-ICDR,
Mr Mark Appel, International Arbitrator, Mediator and Trainer,
Mr Paul Rose, Accredited Mediator and Chartered Arbitrator,
Mr James MacPherson, International ADR Expert and Special Consultant at SCCA.
Moderator: Mr Christian P. Alberti
Time: 1h 29min total, mediation simulation starts at 15 mins with Mr Mark Appel, IAC member of IMI.
- Use a Mediator
“Working to help Maryland’s citizens and businesses, an initiative by the Maryland Judiciary’s Mediation and Conflict Resolution Office”.
Time: 2 minute duration
- Representing Clients in Government Mediation
Professor Dwight Golaan, Center for Representation in Dispute Resolution: Suffolk University Law School
This video, created by Suffolk University in Boston and the University of Cincinnati with the U.S. Department of Justice, shows government lawyers using good and bad advocacy techniques in an employment discrimination case. The 49 minute video is in twelve chapters, beginning with a mediator’s conference with counsel and ending with the government making a “last and final” settlement offer. Each chapter shows a different stage or technique of advocacy in mediation.
- The Skills of a Legal Mediator: Mumbai Partners v. MedPro,Inc.,
Professor Dwight Golaan, Center for Representation in Dispute Resolution: Suffolk University Law School.
A mediation of an international lawsuit between U.S. and Indian businesses. Teachers can show the entire video, or select from 21 individual chapters to present specific stages, mediation techniques and