This page is currently under construction. Last updated 28 October 2019.
- IMI Participates in the “Mediation in Africa” Conference in Senegal
- Free Access to the Aranda Mediation Conference for a YMI Member
- 17th ICC Commercial Mediation Competition: Calling All Volunteers!
- International Investor-State Mediation Competition: Calling All Professionals!
- Thanksgiving Offer: Free Online Mediation Logbook and Feedback Hub
Global Pound Conversation
IMI’s Global Pound Conference (GPC) Series 2016-17 facilitated the development of 21st century commercial and civil dispute resolution tools, at domestic, regional and international levels. Launching in Singapore and finishing in London, the GPC Series convened all stakeholders in dispute resolution – commercial parties, lawyers, academics, judges, arbitrators, mediators, policy makers, and others – at conferences around the world. These conferences provoked debate on existing tools and techniques, stimulated new ideas and generated actionable data on what corporate and individual dispute resolution users actually need, both locally and globally. Following the conclusion of GPC events, the conversation continues with the Global Pound Conversation, now published directly on the IMI blog at https://imimediation.org/news/.
Results and data from the GPC series can be found in the ‘Research’ section of this website.
During the development of UNCITRAL’s Convention of the Enforceability of Mediated Settlement (see IMI’s “United Nations” initiatives page), IMI-Brazil member Marcelo Girade Correa spearheaded an initiative to visit and educate ranking officials at the Brazilian Foreign Ministry (Itamaraty) in Brasília about the benefits of the Convention.