IMI-YMI Mediation Mentorship Framework allows YMI members access to a network of highly experienced conflict management professionals and to a framework for mentoring. This will allow us to continue supporting the next generation of ADR professionals while allowing YMI members to progress on the IMI career path.
- Supporting the next generation of mediation professionals
- Empowering diverse communities of mediators
- Closing the gap between mediation training and mediation practice by providing a gateway for newly trained mediators to access the global mediator network
- Following and honoring the high standards and code of conduct of IMI to serve tomorrow’s mediation needs
What IMI-YMI provide
- Access to Mentorship Framework for 12 months
- Guidance for mentees and mentors
- Mentees (YMI members) take control of their advancement
- YMI support to identify potential mentors (preferably IMI mediators in their region)
The Framework does not guarantee field experience, but encourages it.
Join today and find your mentor
The first step is to join YMI. All YMI members are qualified to apply to access the IMI-YMI Mentorship Framework.
Each YMI member interested in accessing the IMI-YMI Mentorship Framework must demonstrate a clear commitment to progressing their mediation careers.
The YMI mediator profile serves as the mediation CV and as the basis for the mentee application. It must be complete and up to date. Please note that only if your YMI profile is up to date (login no older than 1 month), can we consider your application through the mentee profile, available from YMI.
Raise your interest and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once accepted and the IMI-YMI Mentorship Framework administrative fee* paid, the YMI member will receive a starter guide. This allows YMI members to take control of and shape their mentoring experience. The success of this experience depends on the YMI member’s engagement and pro-activity and, hence, the Framework neither guarantees successful mentorship relations nor participation in field experience.
As explained above, YMI members’ participation in the IMI-YMI Mentorship Framework is a valuable step towards IMI certification.
* YMI membership continues to be free of charge, but members who are interested in benefitting from the IMI-YMI Mentorship Framework pay an administrative fee of 295EUR.
Becoming a mentor
We all have to start somewhere.
IMI Certified Professionals are encouraged to join the IMI-YMI mentoring framework as mentors. You can express your interest in becoming a mentor using the form below:
Not yet sure? Read : “The benefits of becoming a mediation mentor“
Five major actors of the mediation world have joined forces to create a unique WORLDWIDE MEDIATION MENTORSHIP PROGRAMME (WMMP): IMI’s Young Mediators’ Initiative (YMI), the International International Academy of Mediators (IAM), Institut Français de Certification des Médiateurs (IFCM), Instituto de Certificaçao e Formaçao de Mediadores Lusofonos (ICFML), and the Singapore International Mediation Institute (SIMI).
The WMMP is supported by the International Centre for ADR of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC). All organisations collaborate closely to promote mediation mentorships around the globe. The partnership goes hand in hand with the IMI-YMI mentoring activities that have been taking place since 2010.