Two fantastic events on investor-state mediation are taking place online shortly, including an IMI-SIMI ‘Expert Roundtable’ convened by Wolf von Kumberg, and a UNCITRAL webinar aimed at demystifying the use of mediation in investor-state disputes.
IMI-SIMI Event—Investor-State Mediation: An Expert Roundtable
This roundtable is happening Friday 17 July, at 14:00 Central European Time. It will be moderated by Wolf von Kumberg (former IMI Board Chair), and include the following presentations and speakers:
- UNCITRAL framework on mediation and reforms underway; Anna Joubin-Bret, UNCITRAL Secretary
- ECS efforts to facilitate investment mediation; Alejandro Carballo Leyda, Energy Charter Secretariat (ECS) and IMI Investor-State Taskforce member
- The new ICSID mediation rules; Frauke Nitschke, International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) and IMI Investor-State Taskforce member
- Status of the IMI Investor-State Mediator Competency Criteria; Mark Appel, international arbitrator/mediator and IMI IAC/Investor-State Taskforce member
- The use of IS mediation in Belt and Road; Dr Malik Dahlan (former IMI Board member)
- The current trend in IS mediation awareness and mediator training; James South, CEDR (IMI Board member)
This event is supported by Knowledge Partners the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) and the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC).
Register below, and if you are able to, we ask that you make a donation to IMI to help cover operating costs:
UNCITRAL – Academic Forum Webinar on Mediation in ISDS
Video now available
18 June from 2-4pm Vienna time
This event is aimed at demystifying and promoting mediation as a credible alternative means to settle ISDS disputes. The webinar is open for participation to all UNCITRAL Working Group III member and observer States delegations as well as inter-governmental and non-governmental organizations with observer status.
Speakers include Anna Joubin-Bret, Natalie Morris-Sharma, Prof Catherine Kessedjian, Prof Anne van Aaken, Dr Arvid Bell, Barton Legum, Frauke Nitschke, Deborah Masucci, Shane Spelliscy.