This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Mr. Şamil Demir, has worked as a lawyer since 1998 and is registered with the Ankara Bar Association. He has practiced as a Mediator since the year 2007 in domestic and international civil and commercial matters. He is a licensed mediator with the Turkish Ministry of Justice (MoJ) since 2013. Mr. Demir is founder and Chairman of CADR: Center for Alternative Dispute Resolution.
He worked in the Committee of the Draft Law on Mediation in Turkish MoJ. Mr. Demir has been selected as a National Consultant for developing training materials for basic mediation Training by Turkish MoJ and European Commission Turkish Programme Office. He is also one of writes of natiaonal "victim offender mediation" and "family mediation" training curriculum. Mr. Demir is lecturer at Anadolu University Faculty of Law on "negotiation skills".
Mr. Şamil Demir graduated from the Anadolu University, Faculty of Law (LLB) in the year 1997 and from Başkent University, Institute of Social Science (LL.M) in the year 2011.
Mr. Şamil Demir is an experienced international mediator and has successfully mediated over 100 complex, multi-party, civil and commercial mediations.
Mr. Şamil Demir conducts mediation both in evaluative and in facilitative method in international commercial and civil disputes. But he is a facilitator in domestic commercial and civil disputes for legal reasons.
Mr. Şamil Demir is an international civil and commercial mediator. Main practise areas:
- General commercial
- Construction Industrial
- Intellectual Property
- Merges and Acquisitions
- Corporate disputes
- Real Estate
- Financial Services
$400.00 per hour. Travel time outside of Ankara billed at one half hourly rate. Also available at $5,000 for an “unlimited day”, which includes “unlimited” mediation session, all study and travel time, and reasonable expenses. Cases outside of Turkey will be billed at daily rate. All fees to be deposited two weeks in advance of mediation. Confirmed dates that are cancelled within 14 days will be billed a cancellation fee of one half of time booked. Other cancellations will pay a minimum of a $450 rescheduling fee.
- CADR: Center for Alternative Dispute Resolution (TR), Chairman of the Board.
- Turkish Alternative Dispute Resolution Association, President
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, CIArb Accredited Mediator (Mediator Member, MCIArb)
- CADR: Center for Alternative Dispute Resolution Fellow Member (FCADR)
- Mediators Beyond Borders International, Member
- World Mediation Organization, Fellow
- Turkis MOJ Accredited Civil, Victim Offender and Labor Law Expert mediator and trainer.
- Union of Turkish Bars Association, Member
- Ankara Bar Association Member and former supervisory board member.
- Ankara Chamber of Industry Mediation and Arbitration Center (ASOTAUM) Member
- Ankara Bar Association's ADR Center (Turkey), Mediation Training (2006)
- ADR Center (Italy) International Commercial Mediators and Arbitrators Training (2007)
- ADR Center (Italy) Basic Mediation Skills Training (2008)
- ADR Center (Italy) Advanced Mediation Skills Training (2009)
- Başkent University LL.M (Turkey) on Alternative Dispute Resolution (2011)
- Union of Turkish Bars (Turkey) Mediation Training Program (2013)
- CEDR (UK) Training for Mediation Trainers (2016)
- CIArb (UK) Mediation Accreditation Course Module 1-2 (2016).
- FMA - Family Mediation Association (UK) Training for Family Mediation Trainers (2017)
- Labor Law Expert Mediation Training - TOBB ETÜ & CADR (2018)
Mr. Şamil Demir is one of the top civil, commercial, victim offender, labor law and family mediation trainers in Turkey. He has trained and mentored 4.511 mediators. He is mediation trainer of:
- TOBB Economics and Technology University SEM & CADR: Center for Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Istanbul Bilgi University & CADR: Center for Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Istanbul Ticaret University & CADR: Center for Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Istanbul Sehir University & CADR: Center for Alternative Dispute Resolution
- KTO Karatay University & CADR: Center for Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Union of Turkish Bars Association & Başkent University
- Anadolu University Law School
Mr. Şamil Demir has published 4 books and written 11 articles published in peer-reviewed journals and is the author of the Chapter on ‘One Continent, Many Methods’ in “How to Master Commercial Mediation” published by Bloomsbury in January 2015.
See academic publications and conference presentationson Academia: https://anadolu.academia.edu/SamilDemir
• IMI Code of Professional Conduct
• The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Code of Professional Conduct
• Turkish MoJ, Mediator's Ethics Rules (2017).
• IMI Professional Conduct Assessment Process
• The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Professional Conduct Assessment Process
• Turkish MoJ, Mediator's Ethics Rules (2017) process.
Ergo, 100.000 TL (It covers only legal services).