GPC San Francisco Report
The North American suite of reports present findings from data that has never been analyzed before and gives insight into the commercial dispute resolution (DR) landscape in North America.
The GPC San Francisco Report explores the characteristics of users of DR in San Francisco, how the market responds to their needs, obstacles and challenges facing their jurisdiction and provides a vision for the future of commercial DR in San Francisco.
Some results may be expected. Others may be quite surprising.
The following is a sample of some of the themes emerging from The GPC San Francisco Report. For the complete picture of this jurisdiction, download the report from the IMI website.
‘San Francisco’s commercial DR landscape is characterized by high-quality mediators providing fair and flexible options. There is a growing focus on de-escalation and pre-dispute processes as essential components of fair and timely outcomes. While the industry enjoys respect from the legal and business sectors, there is still a need for ongoing awareness and education for parties and lawyers to build trust in ADR processes.’GPC San Francisco Report
- A growing appreciation of the benefits of pre-dispute processes
- Recognition of the importance of maintaining relationships when considering outcomes
- Strong focus on party self-determination
- Ongoing tendency toward adversarial, ‘winner takes all’ approaches
- Arbitration is now too similar to litigation
- Parties ordered into mediation by courts can be less receptive to compromise
- Building awareness and understanding of ADR options through community and professional education
- Increasing diversity amongst mediators
- Reviewing the current state of arbitration including the potential for stricter limits on discovery and the effect of arbitration clauses on the resolution of disputes
GPC San Francisco Report
Where can I become IMI Certified near San Francisco?
IMI Certification is the international gold standard for mediation worldwide. Read about the benefits here.
IMI Qualifying Assessment Programs near San Francisco are JAMS San Francisco, Walnut Creek, Silicone Valley, Santa Rosa, Sacramento, and the American Arbitration Association Fresno. (JAMS’ QAP is open to JAMS mediators only.) Find other nearby programs here.
The complete suite of North American reports includes:
- The GPC Austin Report
- The GPC Baltimore Report
- The GPC Los Angeles Report
- The GPC Miami Report
- The GPC New York Report
- The GPC San Francisco Report
- The GPC Toronto Report
Culminating in the final comparative report:
- The GPC North America Report
Clear features of each city who hosted a GPC event have become apparent—and similarities and differences between jurisdictions have surfaced. Distinct and actionable recommendations in relation to the findings have emerged. These recommendations have the potential to make a significant impact on the future of commercial DR in North America. All the reports will be made available on the IMI website.